The A+ Program is a tutoring program for K-12 students and promotes and supports the importance of education in underserved communities. The program ensures our community residents understand the importance of education and have access to services and support in achieving higher education. In addition to other academic support, the A+ Program offers tutoring services to assist with reading, comprehension, mathematics, graduation, and college preparation.
The program also supports adults desiring to achieve the GEDs and attend college to obtain their degree. Whether they’re still in school or have not attended school in years, it’s never too late to pursue higher education. The A+ Program may also provide some assistance with childcare for mothers experiencing challenges with daycare services.
As an extended part of our programs, we also work with another local organization that encourages reading to young children; this includes mothers who read to their children. The organization offers books and partners with local libraries to provide this service.
The A+ Tutoring Program will be tailored to meet the specific needs and skill levels of each student. It will consist of one-on-one tutoring sessions, interactive exercises, practice assignments, and periodic progress assessments. The program will be conducted by experienced tutors who are skilled in providing personalized instruction and support.
Week 1: Reading Skills Enhancement
- Identifying individual reading levels and areas of improvement
- Developing strategies for improving reading fluency and comprehension
- Introducing effective note-taking and annotation techniques
Week 2: Comprehension Boost and Critical Thinking
- Enhancing comprehension skills through reading exercises and discussions
- Practicing critical thinking and analysis through engaging activities
- Strengthening inference and interpretation abilities
Week 3: Mathematics Mastery
- Identifying math skill gaps and targeting specific areas for improvement
- Reinforcing foundational math concepts through interactive lessons
- Providing guided practice and problem-solving strategies
Week 4: Graduation Readiness
- Understanding graduation requirements and academic goals
- Setting goals and creating personalized study plans
- Assisting with organization, time management, and study skills
Week 5: College Preparation and Planning
- Introduction to college admissions process and requirements
- Assisting with college research and identifying suitable options
- Guiding in writing application essays and preparing for interviews
Week 6: College Entrance Exam Preparation
- Familiarizing students with standardized tests such as SAT or ACT
- Providing test-taking strategies, practice materials, and mock exams
- Reviewing key content areas and addressing individual challenges
Copyright © 2023. All Rights Reserved.
Dream2b is recognized as a 501(c)(3) Nonprofit Public Charity Organization. Donors can deduct contributions they make to us under IRC 170. We are also qualified to receive tax-deductible bequests, devises, transfers or gifts under Section 2055, 2106 and 2522.
Created by Ceola J.